Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday, what a busy and tiring day!

It's Wednesday night and Sam is quietly sleeping as I write.  He was up at 8:14 to get ready for his outing with the guys, two other teenagers that are here on the floor; oh and two counselors to chaperone.  Just the guys heading off to play arcade games and bowl a game or two.  I heard from his nurse that he had a great time but he also had a bit of sensory overload, plus he walked the whole morning, yes I wrote walked.  Isn't that exciting.  They got back about 1230 and after he ate lunch he was whisked off to physical, occupational, speech, and art therapies from 1:00 to 4:30.  I could barely keep him awake to eat his dinner.  He is doing well.  He did a collage in art that he put the phrase Discovery the Possibilities on it and I think he is doing just that.  I tell him daily he is my hero. I'm sure he doesn't understand just how much his spirit and the faith he has inside of him fought to stay alive, to wake up. and to keep going everyday.  He smiles and laughs at me and it makes me melt. 
 
Two of his leaders from church visited last night and sat with Sam.  He was excited to hear they were coming and enjoyed seeing familiar and loving faces.  Thank you guys for sharing God's word and your time with Sam.  I know the spiritual uplift was needed.
 
Keep us in your prayers as we are keeping you too.  Please pray for the other kids here, so many have illnesses that will linger for a very long time and I am reminded how precious the gift of Sam's healing and recovery are. 
 
God bless you all.
 
Stephanie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I want your advice about something and will email you about it. Thanks. Ann Wunsch

olychick2012 said...

i know sam through highlife and riot. he is an amazing, funny, faithful, guy. i find so hard to believe that not long before the accident sam was at great xscape. when i heard about the accident it made me sick to my stomache. i want sam and his family to know that they are in my prayers. i wish sam the best of luck with recovery.
keep fighting sam.

~amanda forrester

Anonymous said...

hey guys,

i check the update more than a person should i guess im just so excited to hear everyday he is doing well. he is my hero as he is yours and probably many others.
praying constantly is waht i do and waiting for the chance to see him agian.... i was thinking of maybe bringing him brownies or something.. any excuse to see him. :)

thank you thank you
for the updates.
it makes my day everytime i read a one.....

thanks again
and i lvoe oyu all








love always,
stefani shumate

Anonymous said...

It is amazing to be on the reader end of the blog. I know that tons of people tell me how much they love the blog and stuff but, reading it myself makes me really understand how this bridges the gap of being stranded from not knowing anything. So, mom/Dart/Patton, thanks so much for keeping up the blog in my absence and I also know that it is helpful to be able to write about the amazing accomplishments Sam is having. I love all of you guys, readers and writers alike; you are all helping my family so much and for that I owe you. In God We Trust