Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Arrival...

What a busy day. After waiting an extra hour we checked out of Doernbecher and Sam was put into his horse drawn carriage (actually an ambulance) along with is trusty servant in waiting (actually Cameron) and whisked off to Emanuel Children's Hospital. After in-processing, a tour of the PT area, meet and greets with various members of Sam's team, and a long awaited shower Sam is resting quietly and will probably fall asleep early.

He starts his daily routine tomorrow and actually started today if you count when his PT had/made him walk a quarter of the way back to his room after our tour. Pray for Sam's strength and Cameron and my patience. After diligently watching, holding Sam's hand, and taking care of him I see we will be backing off a bit so the doctors, nurses, and therapists (of which there are many, I think eight or nine) can take over Sam's recovery in ways I know I couldn't.

Cameron and I are off to see the Phantom of the Opera tonight. Everyone take care and God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell Sam I am proud of him. And you Cam and Steph. I know you have a journey ahead but God is there and will pick you up when you all need a lift. Love to you all. Thinking of you always. love ya

Heather James and Gracie too