Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday August 5 update

Hey all of you that are praying for Sam's speedy recovery, this is Cameron, Sam's brother, just in case you didn't know. I have never ever been really good at writing stuff online as interesting as some people cause I am more of a hard facts kind of guy. So, here is how today went while I was here.

This morning started as anyother had before and it was just gonna be another day of waiting around to wait for Sam's condition, although stable, to improve to another level that he can get closer to being on his own. Probably the most important thing that I had been constantly monitoring and the screen full of numbers was the ICP reading. The ICP is the Inner Cranial Pressure, which means how hard Sam's brain is pushing against his skull and the lower the number the better. And Sam's ICP had been staying very steadily around the 5 area and gone up to about the lower teens when he was being moved and when there really was anything going on with him. But this morning his ICP had been very low about 1-2 and even dipping down into the negative numbers, I even got the chance to be the comic relief and I said, "Maybe his brain is actually imploding instead of getting bigger!" Although this was not the case, his brain was staying a steady zero which is what the negative numbers mean. We asked the nurse what this would mean with the treatment and stuff and she said that we would have to wait and see.

Around that after noon Aunt Dart, Uncle Patton, and Amanda showed up to take me down to my house to get some clothes and stuff for Sam for when he wakes up. As we were getting near to the where the crash happened my mom called my Aunt's cell phone just to give an update, she told me that the Neuro-Surgeons had decided to take out the ICP monitor/bolt that had been drilled into his skull. THIS IS A HUGE!!1 Because it shows that the doctors and nurses think that Sam is able to still function and not be on the brain pressure monitor because enough of the swelling has gone down that there is less of a threat to his brain. Is this by far the best and biggest step that Sam's body has taken recently and is a really good sign.

So, that is the recent news that is he is doing well and that we and mainly I still request that you leave and comments/question on here or FB if you have branched to his prayer group there. It just makes it easier for the time being that I don't have my phone ringing off the hook from calls and texts. Thanks everyone so much and your prayers ARE working.

Thanks, God Bless

In God We Trust >>> Cameron Huntting
--
Cameron Huntting (chunttin@uoregon.edu)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO SAM GO!!!!!

you're amazing.

we love you.

-kylee and autumn

kyleeANDautumn said...

yay. This is great news.

Way to go Sam!!!!!!


Cant wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam, Things like these haven't stopped you before! Glad to see your doing good. Get well soon! Hope you didn't forget that you owe me a dollar!

*Chris*

Anonymous said...

That is such hopeful news and yes, we will keep up the prayers. There are SO many people praying for Sam and all of you, including anyone I talk to and tell the story and our church prayer chain, too and all the other circles of God's great family who are interceding on your behalf. Thanks for sharing this Cameron, and our love to your mom and Sam. Ann Wunsch

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam! It's great to hear you are doing so well!! We are praying for you!

Kelsey Lee

Anonymous said...

Hey Cameron, Christine here - jasper's mom. What a terrible terrible shock to you and our family. I'm so sorry your China adventure was called short but you are right where you need to be by your brother. I know the focus is on prayers for Sam, but I want you to know you and your mom are in our hearts too. You are a strong, loving guy and a good brother to Sam. Take care of yourself, too. I spoke to Jasper last night and he filled me in a little but is anxious to hear how you're doing so I'll pass on info from your blog. Know that your China friends are all holding you in their hearts, too.

Anonymous said...

Cameron and Steph, so sorry to hear about Sam,glad to hear he is improving our thoughts and prayers are with you if there is anything you need don't hesitate to call. 399-6283 Dan and Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Sam!!!!! I'm so happy you are getting better! I pray for you every day! God bless you and get well soon!

Kaitlyn Murray

Unknown said...

Stephanie, Cameron and Sam!
Praise God for the update!!! You have all been on my heart and in my prayers. If there is anything I can do let me know. Sam is a great guy, and he is blessed with a wonderful mom and awesome brother! Cameron, we have so many memories together with my girls! :) Our hearts go out to you all. Will keep praying!
Hugs to you 3 ! Jesus is in the boat with you!!!
Dawn