Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday, 2 Days to Release

Hi everyone
 
Sam has started his testing with each of the therapies as part of his release and I had my first family out processing meeting this morning.  I learned what he couldn't do right away such as play football or water polo and what he could do like take walks and do the grocery shopping with me at his side.  This helps his cognitive skills by reading the grocery list (guess I need to write one now) and looking for the items on shelves after finding the aisle.  We are also encouraged to put together puzzles, nothing difficult of course like a 2000 piece one but start with 50 to 100 pieces and build up from there.  He will be starting school work at home and his physical therapy as an outpatient as soon after he gets home. 
 
Many have asked when he will be returning to school and I don't have an answer for that yet.  We are waiting until his appointment the the pediatric neurosurgeon at the beginning of October and see how his CT scan is.  We should then have a date for the procedure to put back his bone flap.  Don't worry he will be starting homework before that with Cameron and I as his teachers, sorry Sam.  Sam would like to wait until he is out of the helmet before he tries negotiating the halls of his new school and I agree. 
 
Sam is thrilled to be going home and his smile is almost pasted on his face.  I seldom see him frowning unless it is with embarrassment over something I have done, like dancing in the elevator.  I too am very excited and can't look at him without smiling and praising God for Sam's recovery. 
 
All the prayers are appreciated and are working overtime to aid God in Sam's health.  Thank you and God bless all of our family and friends, and those that have become our distant family through others. 
 
Mom/Stephanie

1 comment:

Sheri Ross said...

Stephanie, Cameron and Sam...
I have had the hardest time getting on this blog, but Cameron told me to add the .com part (duh) so now I can be up to date. Wow...it was great to read all about Sam's recovery so far...Praise the Lord! We were all praying for you throughout the trip, Stephanie, and of course beyond China. I'm so thrilled to hear about the steady recovery of Sam and about how God has sustained you through this trial...He's a pretty amazing God! And I'm also very proud of you guys for turning to Him not only IMMEDIATELY after finding out the news, but continueing to trust Him with Sam's life. You are both an exellent example of faith and reliance on our wonderful Lord. He will bless your socks off! Please know that if you need anything, I'm only a phone call away...even if it's just to have coffee and talk. Continueing to pray for your family...Sheri
503-371-1578