Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Already?

It's Tuesday. Patton here because Karylinn is in Chicago and Phili on business this week so I'm spending evenings with Sam.

Sam had another pass over the weekend and got to go home and sleep in his own bed. He proclaimed the weekend "pretty good." Apparently he did fairly little, hanging out with Cameron, spending some time with the pets and generally taking a break from physical therapy, occupational therapy, etc, etc. All the stuff that fills the days at the hospital.

As I am writing this Sam is rummaging around the room, clearing up his things, getting breakfast out of the way, working on his menu for upcoming meals. Pretty much self sufficient and only minor reminders. (Honestly? Less reminders than I would have needed at his age, and I never had a brain injury.) Apparently today will be a light day of therapy. At least that's what Sam says. I checked last night to see what the first thing would be. You know to make sure he's on time? But aside from alarm clock tender, Sam's been on top of it all.

By 8:45 he had 45 minutes until his first PT of the day and was running out of things to do. Fortunately, today is Vinnie day, so there was plenty of time for a visit.



-- Patton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Everything has gone very well in Chicago and now we're ready to head to Philadelphia tomorrow.

But, I can't seem to get a good night's sleep. I miss my roommate!

Thanks for posting a picture of Vinnie & Sam. I see that Vinnie is all decked out in his custom-made scrubs today. He's quite the dresser. Sam, I'm so glad you got to meet Vinnie. I know you've missed Savannah and Jasmine (and Milo?!), so I figured it would be fun to meet Vinnie.

Love to all my family and many thanks to all those of you who continue the journey with Sam, with all of us.

--Aunt Dart (Karylinn)