Thursday, October 23, 2008

SAM IS HOME!!!

Yes, Sam is home and is well.  He came home yesterday afternoon and spent the evening, night, and this morning sleeping, eating, and napping. 
 
His incision looks great.  He has some swelling at the left side of his face which turns out is a inflamed muscle.  The muscle that runs up from the left year to the top  of his head had constricted when the bone flap was taken out.  When the bone flap was put back in the muscle had to be stretched to fit and it has become sore and swollen.  He's taking Tylenol most of the time with a little pain medicine as a chaser, otherwise he is doing great.
 
He has his follow-up in two weeks to take out the stitches and have a checkup.  I'm positive all will be good.
 
I will write more later.  I taking the boys out for a welcome home dinner.
 
Thank you all for your prayers. 
 
Stephanie/Mom

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Hunttings! I am so glad surgery went okay. Sorry about all the pain and the IVs. I know a little of that - I had surgery in July and it took 4 sticks to get the IV. Nervewracking. I am praying for a speedy recovery and a return to normal for all of you. Love and lots of prayers from the Buzzells

TT said...

Yeah Steph!!! Sam and your family have been in my prayers this whole journey! I knew Sam would be okay, he has so much love and support watching over him!! I will keep checking for the "good news" updates!!! Take care and keep smiling :)

Teri